When you think about urban home living on the West Coast, San Francisco is probably the first place that comes to mind. Home to such noteworthy sites as the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Chinatown, San Francisco is a bustling city where urban living is a way of life for nearly everyone – from IT professionals to artists and musicians. So what should you know if you are considering relocating to the City by the Bay?
- Housing is quite pricey. Costs have skyrocketed in recent years. Trulia estimates the price of San Francisco real estate to be five hundred and twenty-five dollars per square foot, and it is not unusual for city dwellers to pay about two thousand dollars per month to rent an apartment. In fact, the housing costs in San Francisco are among the highest in the nation.
- The city is well known for its cultural diversity. With a rich heritage steeped in many different nationalities and cultures, San Francisco has been an extremely politically and culturally-active city for many years. The arts are well represented in San Francisco; along with several museums, the city boasts the San Francisco Opera (the second largest opera in the nation), as well as the San Francisco Ballet and the San Francisco Symphony.
- The San Francisco restaurant scene is legendary. A creative city with a variety of nationalities represented in its cultural makeup, San Francisco prides itself on its eclectic array of restaurant offerings.
- San Francisco is the second most walkable city in the nation. It is not particularly automobile friendly with a limited highway system – about thirty percent of commuters use the network of light rail, subways, buses, and trolleys operated by the San Francisco Municipal Railway.
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area is one of the most visited sites in the National Park system. It is not one specific location, but rather a network of places including landmarks, green spaces, forests, parks, and beaches stretching from San Mateo County to Marin County. These comprise an area larger than San Francisco itself, and tourists and residents alike head to these spaces to enjoy the sun when the legendary fog lifts.
If you are ready to begin the adventure of urban home living in San Francisco, you will need the right gear to organize your new home. Atlantic, Inc has you covered with media storage and home organization to suit every taste, style, and budget. Visit the website to find your storage solutions or join the online community on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.