Many people look forward to a new television, but that new television often leads to the need for a new tv entertainment center. There is such a variety of these pieces on the market, picking one can seem overwhelming, and since they are often the focal point of your room, it is important to find the right one. Fortunately, there are some simple guidelines to help you choose.
- Consider your space. Before you look for any piece of furniture, measure the available space so that you do not run into trouble once you bring the piece home. Placement is also important, particularly with an entertainment center, because you must think about where windows and other light sources are located in order to keep them from interfering with television viewing
- Measure your television. Measuring the television is a great way to eliminate all the entertainment centers that will not work. Because these pieces have very specific spaces in which to put the TV you will immediately know which ones are not suitable.
- Determine your storage needs. Do you have game systems or an extensive DVD collection? Are there items you want to display around the television? Be sure that the entertainment center you choose has enough space to house these things, and the right configuration of open and closed cabinetry. The best way to choose the right amount of storage is to take a thorough inventory of what you have before you begin to shop.
- Plan for television viewing. Your television will need to be at the right distance, height, and angle for comfortable viewing. For a 26-inch screen, you only need between three and six feet of space between you and the screen; for larger televisions, the requirement is much greater. A 52-inch screen, for example, should be six to eleven feet away from you when you watch, and a 70-inch screen requires a minimum of almost nine feet! Lighting is important too, as a glare can ruin the viewing experience. Windows should have adjustable blinds or shades, and remote control dimmers can enhance your television watching.
- Take your own style into account. An entertainment center is a large piece of furniture that will be with you for a long time, so it only makes sense to find one that is aesthetically pleasing to you. Think about the style of your other pieces of furniture, and find an entertainment center that will coordinate. Be sure, also, to choose one that is well made and built of quality materials, so that it will last as long as you need it.
Whether you are receiving a television as a gift, purchasing one for yourself, or just trying to find a place for your new gaming system, visit The Atlantic Store for your storage solutions. For more information, join the conversation by becoming a part of the online community at Facebook and Twitter.